DelveInsight’s “Metabolic Acidosis – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Metabolic Acidosis, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Metabolic Acidosis market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
- The Market Size of Metabolic Acidosis in the 10 Emerging Market was USD 484 million in 2017.
- Total prevalent cases of Metabolic Acidosis in the 10 Emerging Market was assessed to be 19,726,410.
- Metabolic Acidosis is approximately estimated as 40% in patients with Chronic Kidney Disease stage 3–4 in the US.
- China had the highest prevalent population of Metabolic Acidosis, followed by the US, Brazil, Mexico, and Japan in the 10EM patient population of Metabolic Acidosis.
- Metabolic Acidosis market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Metabolic Acidosis epidemiology and Metabolic Acidosis market in the 7 MM (United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
- Metabolic Acidosis market report provides insights on the current and emerging therapies.
- Metabolic Acidosis market report offers a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
- Metabolic Acidosis market report provides an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Metabolic Acidosis market.
“According to DelveInsight’s analysis, there is a gender difference in the disease. It was seen that, the MA occurs more frequently in male population as compared to female.”
Metabolic Acidosis (MA) is a severe electrolyte disorder characterized by an imbalance in the body’s acid–base balance. Metabolic acidosis can lead to acidemia—state of low blood pH, i.e. when arterial blood pH falls below 7.37—which is a result of acidosis—the process in the body that causes a low pH in blood and tissues.
Generally, MA can be caused by three major mechanisms:
- Increased acid production
- Bicarbonate loss, and
- Decreased renal acid excretion.
Metabolic acidosis can last minutes to several days (acute metabolic acidosis), which often occurs during serious illnesses or hospitalizations.
Symptoms of MA are not specific and may include palpitations, headache, altered mental status such as severe anxiety due to hypoxia, decreased visual acuity, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, altered appetite and weight gain, muscle weakness, bone pain, and joint pain. People with acute metabolic acidosis may exhibit deep, rapid breathing called Kussmaul respirations which is classically associated with diabetic ketoacidosis.
“As per DelveInsight insights, Italy has consistently shown lowest prevalent population among EU5 for MA.”
- Advicenne Pharma
And Many Others.
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact the Metabolic Acidosis treatment scenario in the upcoming years:-
- Veverimer (TRC101)
And Many Others.
- Key Insights
- Metabolic Acidosis: Overview at a Glance
2.1. Total Market Share (%) Distribution of Metabolic Acidosis in 2017
2.2. Total Market Share (%) Distribution of Metabolic Acidosis in 2030
- Metabolic Acidosis: Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and Patient Population
4.1. Key Findings
- Total Cases of Metabolic Acidosis in 7MM
- United States Epidemiology
- EU5 Epidemiology
7.1. Germany Epidemiology
7.2. France Epidemiology
7.3. Italy Epidemiology
7.4. Spain Epidemiology
7.5. United Kingdom Epidemiology
- Japan Epidemiology
- Treatment and Management of Metabolic Acidosis
9.1. Metabolic Acidosis: Practical Diagnostic and Treatment Guidelines, 4th Edition- the USA
9.2. UK guidelines for diagnosis, referral, and management in primary and secondary care for Metabolic Acidosis in adults
- Unmet Needs
- Emerging Therapies
- Metabolic Acidosis: 7MM Market Analysis
12.1. Key Findings
12.2. Market Size of MA in 7MM
- United States: Market Outlook
- EU-5 countries: Market Outlook
14.2. France Market Size
14.3. Italy Market Size
14.4. Spain Market Size
- United Kingdom Market Size
- Japan Market Outlook
- Market Drivers
- Market Barriers
19.1. Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
The Metabolic Acidosis report provides an overview of therapeutic pipeline activity and therapeutic assessment of the products by development stage, product type, route of administration, molecule type, and MOA type for Metabolic Acidosis across the complete product development cycle, including all clinical and nonclinical stages.
The Metabolic Acidosis epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Metabolic Acidosis epidemiology scenario in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan from 2017 to 2030.